** Fall Enrollment will open at 1:00pm, Tuesday, April 21. Students can schedule an appointment for enrollment with Advising at 620-223-2700 ext. 3630.

Resident Tuition Classification

Residency for tuition and fee purposes at Fort Scott Community College is governed by Kansas law. Adults enrolling at FSCC who have not been residents of the state of Kansas for six continuous months prior to enrollment for any term or session are non-residents for fee purposes. Minors’ residency is determined by the parents’ residency status.

The responsibility of enrolling under proper residence classification for fee purposes is placed on the student. Tuition rates differ for Kansas and out-of-state residents.

To Make a Change

If you are an out-of-state student who would like to become a Kansas resident, you must provide specific documentation. The documentation required to be a Kansas resident is listed below. You are required to provide at least 3 of the following items:

  1. Copy of your Kansas driver's license dated at least 6 months before the term starts.

  2. Notarized verification from a Kansas resident that you have resided with him/her for at least 6 months before the term starts.

  3. Receipt from purchase of Kansas license tags dated at least 6 months before term starts.

  4. Kansas property taxes payment receipt dated at least 6 months before term starts.

  5. Employment verification or payroll check stubs from a Kansas employer or school attendance commencing 6 months before term starts (excluding online/correspondence courses).

  6. Copy of Kansas voter's registration dated 6 months before term starts.

  7. Monthly utility receipts and/or rent receipts in your name dated continuously for 6 months before the term starts.

An Affidavit of Residency form from the Registrar's Office must be completed and notarized when you submit your documentation. Providing all the proper documentation is the responsibility of the student. The Registrar will not and cannot request documentation for the student. The students must provide all documentation.

As you will notice, all documentation must indicate you have been living in Kansas for 6 months prior to the first day of classes. As a general rule, to have in-state status for the Fall semester, you should have your documents dated prior to February 1st and for the Spring semester, you should have your documents dated prior to July 1st.

These documents must be received and verified by the Registrar before the start of the fall or spring term.

Page Last Updated On 10/19/2011