Paraeducator Education at FSCC
Steps for Earning College Credit through Fort Scott Community College and The Master Teacher
Step 1: Complete 13 Online Courses
Enroll and complete any 13 courses at
ParaEducator PD Now (formerly known as The ParaEducator Network). To
complete the course, you must pass the 10-question post-test with a cumulative
score of 70% or better. To get started click on the link above. You may
also call them at 800.669.9633.
You may receive up to 10 total college credits by completing 130 courses. The 10 college credits you can receive in order are:
- EDU 2021 General Instructional Competencies for Paraprofessionals (Level 1)
- EDU 2121 General Instructional Competencies for Paraprofessionals (Level 2)
- EDU 2221 General Instructional Competencies for Paraprofessionals (Level 3)
- EDU 2041 Introduction to Behavior & Classroom Management for Paraprofessionals (Level 1)
- EDU 2141 Introduction to Behavior & Classroom Management for Paraprofessionals (Level 2)
- EDU 2241 Introduction to Behavior & Classroom Management for Paraprofessionals (Level 3)
- EDU 2011 Overview of Special Education Paraprofessionalism (Level 1)
- EDU 2111 Overview of Special Education Paraprofessionalism (Level 2)
- EDU 2211 Overview of Special Education Paraprofessionalism (Level 3)
- EDU 2311 Overview of Special Education Paraprofessionalism (Level 4)
Step 2: Apply Online
Fill out the Fort Scott Community College online application by clicking “apply online”.
Step 3: Send a Copy of Your Transcript
Send a copy of your transcript along with your organization’s name, your email address, and your phone number to the Master Teacher via fax or mail:
To: Graduate Credit Coordinator
The Master Teacher
Re: Fort Scott College Credit
Graduate Credit Coordinator
The Master Teacher
P.O. Box 1207
Manhattan, KS 66505-1207
To ensure that we received it, please email us at email@example.com.
We will then review the transcript for accuracy, and send it to Fort Scott
Community College. You will receive a confirmation email from us when the
transcript has been passed along to FSCC. FSCC will only accept the transcript
if it comes directly from the Master Teacher.
Step 4: Contact FSCC Advising and Submit Payment for the Credits
When you know that your transcript has been delivered to FSCC, contact the Advising Office at 620-223-2700 Ext 3630.
Tuition is charged per credit hour at the following rate for all ParaEducator PD
Now users (it’s no longer based upon residency status):
- $116 total per credit hour = $86 tuition + $30 online fee
- This rate is applicable starting August, 2012 for the 2012-2013 school year.
Pay by check. Send your check to the following address:
Fort Scott Community College
2108 S. Horton
Fort Scott, KS 66701
Pay by credit card
- Call the business office at 1-800-874-3722 Ext 5090 or 5120 to pay in full or to set up installments. (You have to have your bill paid in order to receive credit on your transcript)
www.fortscott.edu and click on the Student Portal link at the top of the page. Click on GIZMO Login on the following page. You will need your student ID number and the last 4 digits of your SSN to sign in. Click on Review/ Pay Account to pay online in full at no charge. If you choose to make payments, there is an installment fee.
Step 5: Process Paperwork & Issue College Credit(s)
Once FSCC receives payment and your official transcript from The Master Teacher, they will process your paperwork and issue your college credit(s).
You will receive a letter grade based on the post test scores reported on your transcript.
Note: If you need an official copy of your transcript from FSCC, visit the FSCC Registrar's Page for details.